Terms and Conditions
As we can accept your order and make a legally enforceable agreement without further reference to you, you must read these terms and conditions to make sure that they contain all that you want and nothing that you are not happy with. If you are not sure about anything, just phone us on 01522 708125.
Please do not book a tiler or any other contractor until you have received your tiles and checked their suitability.
We aim to keep our stock records as accurate as they can be and will inform you of any stock issues as soon as possible.
We regret that we cannot be held responsible for any costs incurred due to failed or late deliveries.
Standard delivery lead times are 2 to 4 days dependent on location.
Next day delivery (where available) is available on orders placed before 1PM. Orders placed after 1PM will be processed and dispatched the following day.
Our warehouse operates Monday to Friday. Next day deliveries placed before 1PM on a Friday will be dispatched for delivery on Monday (or Tuesday in the case of Bank holidays). Next day deliveries placed after 1PM Friday will be dispatched Monday(or Tuesday in the case of Bank holidays).
If you need you tiles for a certain date or time, such as AM or PM delivery for example, please contact us on 01724 500171 for a quotation.
You can place an order using our website or by calling us on 01522 708 125.
Our lines are open Monday to Saturday, 9am to 5pm to take your order or answer any queries.
We will endeavour to dispatch orders placed before 1pm on the same day. Orders placed after 1pm will be dispatched the following day.
Our warehouse operates Monday to Friday so please be aware that orders placed after 1pm on a Friday will not be dispatched until the proceeding Monday (or Tuesday in the case of Bank holidays).
We take payment using most major credit or debit cards securely through Opayo or alternatively you can pay with PayPal or Klarna.
Once your order is placed, we will send you a conformation email and will email again once your order has been dispatched.
We offer a standard kerbside delivery from only £34.99 depending on location. This service will see your tiles picked, securely wrapped and delivered in approx 2 to 4 working days from dispatch.
We offer a next day service from only £39.99 depending on location. Please place your order before 1pm and select next day delivery in the options. Please note – Next day service has currently been suspended due to pallet network pressures.
We regret we only currently ship to England, Scotland and Wales.
We are not currently delivering to Northern Ireland due to the current HM Customs regulations. We apologise for any inconvenience.
We do not ship to forwarding companies, agents or addresses.
We can arrange deliveries for weekends or before noon but please contact us directly for a price.
Latest pallet delivery charges can be found by entering your postcode here.
*Free Home Delivery
Free delivery is only available for Zone 1 addresses (see map and postcode checker).
Free delivery is only available for single orders with value of £499 or more. Please select the free delivery option in your basket after entering your address details.
Please note that zone boundaries are based upon and set by the rates imposed by our courier.
This is a limited time offer and can be withdrawn at any time.
This offer can not be used in conjunction with any other offer.
Some smaller items such as individual tiles or boxes (where possible) can be sent via a parcel delivery. These are sent via APC. Price can vary depending on weight and size. Please contact us on 01724 500 171 for a price.
Collection in person
If you are local to us, you can collect your order in person from either our Lincoln, Doncaster or Scunthorpe showrooms. Please allow 48 hours for this service. We will contact you by either email, text or phone call when your order is ready for collection. Simply select the required store in your basket. There is no charge for collection.
We use UPN for our pallet deliveries. We use a two working day service for most of the country. Some outlying areas may take longer. Please note two working days is from the day of despatch from us.
We will email you when your order leaves us. Included in the email will be a link to the UPN tracking service. Please use this tracker to confirm the delivery day.
All deliveries need to be signed for. Your order will be returned to your local depot should you miss your delivery or the order can not be left in a safe location. There will be an extra charge for re-delivery or it may be possible to collect from your local UPN depot free of charge.
Deliveries are kerbside only. Your delivery will be on a pallet and the delivery driver will use a pallet truck to unload the pallet and place on the nearest level and accessible external location. Please note that the pallet truck can not move over any uneven surface such as gravel, grass, slopes and steps. For insurance reasons, the delivery driver will not be able to assist you in getting the tiles into your property.
Deliveries are usually made by an 18 tonne lorry with tail-lift. We may be able to offer an alternative vehicle for delivery should you have restricted access to your property. This may incur an addition charge. Please contact us on 01724 500 171 before you place your order and we will do our best to accommodate you.
We expect your order to arrive in the same condition as it leaves us.
We wrap and secure our pallets as best as we can, but on rare occasions there can be damages. We will happily replace damaged or missing items under the following conditions:
1. If your delivery arrives with clear and visible damage to the pallet, please refuse the delivery, taking a photograph if possible and contact us as soon as you can.
2. Once your delivery is signed for and accepted, please inspect each box and tile and notify us of any damages or suitability issues by calling 01522 708125 or emailing [email protected] within two working days. Please take photographs of any issues and email them to us at [email protected]
No responsibility for damaged products, shortages or incorrect products can be accepted after two working days of receipt of goods.
You have the right to return all or any items to us within 14 days of receipt of your order for a full refund including standard shipping where paid. Next-day upgrade or any other additional shipping costs are excluded from any refunds.
Items being returned must be in re-saleable condition and with or in original packaging.
We do not refund on goods that have been personalised or custom made.
You have 14 days to return the goods to us once you have completed the form here to notify us of your intention to do so.
It is your responsibility to arrange and insure shipping back to us including making sure the products are adequately packaged for transit. We recommend you take photographs of the goods prior to transit, arrange adequate insurance with your courier and use a tracked service.
With regret we are unable to refund any items that arrive back us damaged or in an un-saleable condition.
Returns should be sent to:
Unit 3 Menasha Way
Queensway Industrial Estate
Alternatively, you are welcome to make returns in person by prior appointment at our warehouse or at one of our showrooms. Please select this option in the return form.
We will notify you once we have recieved your order back at our warehouse and then we will process your refund back via the original method of payment within 14 days.
Once received, it is your responsibility to check your tiles for suitability, faults and that batches match on all boxes prior to fixing.
We regret that we cannot accept any liability once tiles are fixed.
It is important that all boxes are checked to ensure they come from the same batch.
Tiles can vary from batch to batch in terms of colour, size and texture.
They can also vary from images shown on this website. Images shown on this website and colour description is an indication only. Colours may also vary from your device screen to real life.
We always recommend that you try a sample first.
Certain larger rectangular sizes of tiles can have a very slight bow. This is not a fault but an inherent trait of this shape.
As such, we do not recommend installing tiles in a full brick bond pattern. We would advise a third bond at the most.
During manufacture, it is common to find a very slight size variance between tiles. This is due to slight variations of temperatures in the kiln affecting the shrinkage of the tile biscuit.
Tiles should always be installed with a suitable spacer.
Rectified tiles are different, as the edges of the tiles are machined during manufacture to have a much lower tolerance. However, we recommend a 1 mm spacer at least.
Some heavily glazed tiles can suffer from crazing but this is entirely natural with this type of product and should not be viewed as a fault.
The pattern and colour of natural stone tiles and mosaics can vary massively depending on the particular piece of the ground it has been cut from. This variance is a feature of this type of material and not a defect.
Please read these terms and conditions.
1. These Terms and Conditions will apply to the purchase of the goods by you (the Customer or you). We are First4tiles Limited a company registered in England and Wales under number 11305042 whose registered office is at Unit 3, Outer Circle Road, Lincoln, Lincolnshire, LN2 4HX with email address [email protected]; telephone number 01522 708125; (the Supplier or us or we).
2. These are the terms on which we sell all Goods to you. By ordering any of the Goods, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Before placing an order on the Website, you will be asked to agree to these Terms and Conditions by clicking on the button marked ‘I Accept’. If you do not click on the button, you will not be able to complete your Order. You can only purchase the Goods from the Website if you are eligible to enter into a contract and are at least 18 years old.
3. Consumer means an individual acting for purposes which are wholly or mainly outside his or her trade, business, craft or profession;
4. Contract means the legally-binding agreement between you and us for the supply of the Goods;
5. Delivery Location means the Supplier’s premises or other location where the Goods are to be supplied, as set out in the Order;
6. Durable Medium means paper or email, or any other medium that allows information to be addressed personally to the recipient, enables the recipient to store the information in a way accessible for future reference for a period that is long enough for the purposes of the information, and allows the unchanged reproduction of the information stored;
7. Goods means the goods advertised on the Website that we supply to you of the number and description as set out in the Order;
8. Order means the Customer’s order for the Goods from the Supplier as submitted following the step by step process set out on the Website;
10. Website means our website www.first4tiles.co.uk on which the Goods are advertised.
11. The description of the Goods is as set out in the Website, catalogues, brochures or other form of advertisement. Any description is for illustrative purposes only and there may be small discrepancies in the size and colour of the Goods supplied. E&OE.
Once received, it is your responsibility to check your tiles for suitability, faults and that batches match on all boxes prior to fixing. We regret that we cannot accept any liability once tiles are fixed.
Batch numbers – It is important that all boxes are checked to ensure they come from the same batch.
Tiles can vary from batch to batch in terms of colour, size and texture. They can also vary from images shown on this website. Images shown on this website and colour description is an indication only. Colours may also vary from your device screen to real life. We always recommend that you try a sample first.
Bowing – Certain larger rectangular sizes of tiles such 30 x 60 cm can have a very slight bow. This is not a fault but an inherent trait of this shape. As such, we do not recommend installing this in a full brick bond pattern. We would advise a third bond at the most.
Size – During manufacture, it is common to find a very slight size variance between tiles. This is due to slight variations of temperatures in the kiln affecting the shrinkage of the tile biscuit. Tiles should always be installed with a suitable spacer. Rectified tiles are different, as the edges of the tiles are machined during manufacture to have a much lower tolerance. However, we recommend a 1 mm spacer at least.
Crazing – Some heavily glazed tiles can suffer from crazing but this is entirely natural with this type of product and should not be viewed as a fault.
Natural materials – The pattern and colour of natural stone tiles and mosaics can vary massively depending on the particular piece of the ground it has been cut from. This variance is a feature of this type of material and not a defect.
12. In the case of any Goods made to your special requirements, it is your responsibility to ensure that any information or specification you provide is accurate.
13. All Goods which appear on the Website are subject to availability. Please do not book a tiler or any other contractor until you have received your tiles and checked their suitability. We aim to keep our stock records as accurate as they can be and will inform you of any stock issues as soon as possible. We regret that we cannot be held responsible for any costs incurred due to failed or late deliveries.
14. We can make changes to the Goods which are necessary to comply with any applicable law or safety requirement. We will notify you of these changes.
16. We may contact you by using e-mail or other electronic communication methods and by pre-paid post and you expressly agree to this.
Basis of Sale
17. The description of the Goods in our website does not constitute a contractual offer to sell the Goods. When an Order has been submitted on the Website, we can reject it for any reason, although we will try to tell you the reason without delay.
18. The Order process is set out on the Website. Each step allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting the Order. It is your responsibility to check that you have used the ordering process correctly.
19. A Contract will be formed for the sale of Goods ordered only when you receive an email from us confirming the Order (Order Confirmation). You must ensure that the Order Confirmation is complete and accurate and inform us immediately of any errors. We are not responsible for any inaccuracies in the Order placed by you. By placing an Order you agree to us giving you confirmation of the Contract by means of an email with all information in it (ie the Order Confirmation). You will receive the Order Confirmation within a reasonable time after making the Contract, but in any event not later than the delivery of any Goods supplied under the Contract.
20. Any quotation is valid for a maximum period of 30 days from its date, unless we expressly withdraw it at an earlier time.
21. No variation of the Contract, whether about description of the Goods, Fees or otherwise, can be made after it has been entered into unless the variation is agreed by the Customer and the Supplier in writing.
22. We intend that these Terms and Conditions apply only to a Contract entered into by you as a Consumer. If this is not the case, you must tell us, so that we can provide you with a different contract with terms which are more appropriate for you and which might, in some respects, be better for you, eg by giving you rights as a business.
Price and Payment
23. The price of the Goods and any additional delivery or other charges is that set out on the Website at the date of the Order or such other price as we may agree in writing.
24. Prices and charges include VAT at the rate applicable at the time of the Order.
25. You must pay by submitting your credit or debit card details with your Order and we can take payment immediately or otherwise before delivery of the Goods.
Please refer to our delivery information page for more information about delivery of your order.
26. We will deliver the Goods, to the Delivery Location by the time or within the agreed period or, failing any agreement, without undue delay and, in any event, not more than 30 days after the day on which the Contract is entered into.
27. In any case, regardless of events beyond our control, if we do not deliver the Goods on time, you can (in addition to any other remedies) treat the Contract at an end if:
a. we have refused to deliver the Goods, or if delivery on time is essential taking into account all the relevant circumstances at the time the Contract was made, or you said to us before the Contract was made that delivery on time was essential; or
b. after we have failed to deliver on time, you have specified a later period which is appropriate to the circumstances and we have not delivered within that period.
28. If you treat the Contract at an end, we will (in addition to other remedies) promptly return all payments made under the Contract.
29. If you were entitled to treat the Contract at an end, but do not do so, you are not prevented from cancelling the Order for any Goods or rejecting Goods that have been delivered and, if you do this, we will (in addition to other remedies) without delay return all payments made under the Contract for any such cancelled or rejected Goods. If the Goods have been delivered, you must return them to us or allow us to collect them from you and we will pay the costs of this.
30. If any Goods form a commercial unit (a unit is a commercial unit if division of the unit would materially impair the value of the goods or the character of the unit) you cannot cancel or reject the Order for some of those Goods without also cancelling or rejecting the Order for the rest of them.
31. We do not generally deliver to addresses outside England and Wales, Scotland, the Isle of Man and Channels Islands. If, however, we accept an Order for delivery outside that area, you may need to pay import duties or other taxes, as we will not pay them. We do not deliver to fowarding companies, agents or addresses.
32. You agree we may deliver the Goods in instalments if we suffer a shortage of stock or other genuine and fair reason, subject to the above provisions and provided you are not liable for extra charges.
33. If you or your nominee fail, through no fault of ours, to take delivery of the Goods at the Delivery Location, we may charge the reasonable costs of storing and redelivering them.
34. The Goods will become your responsibility from the completion of delivery or Customer collection. You must, if reasonably practicable, examine the Goods before accepting them.
Damaged or missing items
35. We expect your order to arrive in the same condition as it leaves us.
We wrap and secure our pallets as best as we can, but on rare occasions there can be damages.
If your delivery arrives with clear and visible damage to the pallet, please refuse the delivery, taking a photograph if possible and contact us as soon as you can.
Once your delivery is signed for and accepted, please inspect each box and tile and notify us of any damages or suitability issues by calling 01522 708125 or emailing [email protected]first4tiles.co.uk within two working days. Please take photographs of any issues and email them to us at [email protected]
No responsibility for damaged products, shortages or incorrect products can be accepted after two working days of receipt of goods.
Risk and Title
36. Risk of damage to, or loss of, any Goods will pass to you when the Goods are delivered to you.
37. You do not own the Goods until we have received payment in full. If full payment is overdue or a step occurs towards your bankruptcy, we can choose, by notice to cancel any delivery and end any right to use the Goods still owned by you, in which case you must return them or allow us to collect them.
Withdrawal, returns and cancellation
38. You can withdraw the Order by telling us before the Contract is made, if you simply wish to change your mind and without giving us a reason, and without incurring any liability.
39. This is a distance contract (as defined below) which has the cancellation rights (Cancellation Rights) set out below. These Cancellation Rights, however, do not apply, to a contract for the following goods (with no others) in the following circumstances:
a. foodstuffs, beverages or other goods intended for current consumption in the household and which are supplied on frequent and regular rounds to your residence or workplace;
b. goods that are made to your specifications or are clearly personalised;
c. goods which are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly.
40. Also, the Cancellation Rights for a Contract cease to be available in the following circumstances:
a. in the case of any sales contract, if the goods become mixed inseparably (according to their nature) with other items after delivery.
Right to cancel
41. Subject as stated in these Terms and Conditions, you can cancel this contract within 14 days without giving any reason.
42. The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day on which you acquire, or a third party, other than the carrier indicated by you, acquires physical possession of the last of the Goods. In a contract for the supply of goods over time (ie subscriptions), the right to cancel will be 14 days after the first delivery.
43. To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel this Contract by a clear statement setting out your decision (eg a letter sent by post, fax or email). You can use the attached model cancellation form, but it is not obligatory. In any event, you must be able to show clear evidence of when the cancellation was made, so you may decide to use the model cancellation form.
44. You can also electronically fill in and submit the model cancellation form or any other clear statement of the Customer’s decision to cancel the Contract on our website www.first4tiles.co.uk. If you use this option, we will communicate to you an acknowledgement of receipt of such a cancellation in a Durable Medium (eg by email) without delay.
45. To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
Effects of cancellation in the cancellation period
46. Except as set out below, if you cancel this Contract, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us).
Deduction for Goods supplied
47. We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any Goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you (ie handling the Goods beyond what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the Goods: eg it goes beyond the sort of handling that might be reasonably allowed in a shop). This is because you are liable for that loss and, if that deduction is not made, you must pay us the amount of that loss.
Timing of reimbursement
48. If we have not offered to collect the Goods, we will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than:
a. 14 days after the day we receive back from you any Goods supplied, or
b. (if earlier) 14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have sent back the Goods.
49. If we have offered to collect the Goods or if no Goods were supplied, we will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than 14 days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel this Contract.
50. We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement.
51. If you have received Goods in connection with the Contract which you have cancelled, you must send back the Goods or hand them over to us at:
Unit 3, Outer Circle Road, Lincoln, Lincolnshire, LN2 4HX
without delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate to us your cancellation of this Contract. The deadline is met if you send back the Goods before the period of 14 days has expired. You agree that you will have to bear the cost of returning the Goods.
52. For the purposes of these Cancellation Rights, these words have the following meanings:
a. distance contract means a contract concluded between a trader and a consumer under an organised distance sales or service-provision scheme without the simultaneous physical presence of the trader and the consumer, with the exclusive use of one or more means of distance communication up to and including the time at which the contract is concluded;
b. sales contract means a contract under which a trader transfers or agrees to transfer the ownership of goods to a consumer and the consumer pays or agrees to pay the price, including any contract that has both goods and services as its object.
53. We have a legal duty to supply the Goods in conformity with the Contract, and will not have conformed if it does not meet the following obligation.
54. Upon delivery, the Goods will:
a. be of satisfactory quality;
b. be reasonably fit for any particular purpose for which you buy the Goods which, before the Contract is made, you made known to us (unless you do not actually rely, or it is unreasonable for you to rely, on our skill and judgment) and be fit for any purpose held out by us or set out in the Contract; and
c. conform to their description.
55. It is not a failure to conform if the failure has its origin in your materials.
Successors and our sub-contractors
56. Either party can transfer the benefit of this Contract to someone else, and will remain liable to the other for its obligations under the Contract. The Supplier will be liable for the acts of any sub-contractors who it chooses to help perform its duties.
Circumstances beyond the control of either party
57. In the event of any failure by a party because of something beyond its reasonable control:
a. the party will advise the other party as soon as reasonably practicable; and
b. the party’s obligations will be suspended so far as is reasonable, provided that that party will act reasonably, and the party will not be liable for any failure which it could not reasonably avoid, but this will not affect the Customer’s above rights relating to delivery and any right to cancel, below.
58. Your privacy is critical to us. We respect your privacy and comply with the General Data Protection Regulation with regard to your personal information.
60. For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions:
a. ‘Data Protection Laws’ means any applicable law relating to the processing of Personal Data, including, but not limited to the Directive 95/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR.
b. ‘GDPR’ means the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679.
c. ‘Data Controller’, ‘Personal Data’ and ‘Processing’ shall have the same meaning as in the GDPR.
61. We are a Data Controller of the Personal Data we Process in providing Goods to you.
62. Where you supply Personal Data to us so we can provide Goods to you, and we Process that Personal Data in the course of providing the Goods to you, we will comply with our obligations imposed by the Data Protection Laws:
a. before or at the time of collecting Personal Data, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected;
b. we will only Process Personal Data for the purposes identified;
c. we will respect your rights in relation to your Personal Data; and
d. we will implement technical and organisational measures to ensure your Personal Data is secure.
63. For any enquiries or complaints regarding data privacy, you can contact our Data Protection Officer at the following e-mail address: [email protected]
64. The Supplier does not exclude liability for: (i) any fraudulent act or omission; or (ii) for death or personal injury caused by negligence or breach of the Supplier’s other legal obligations. Subject to this, the Supplier is not liable for (i) loss which was not reasonably foreseeable to both parties at the time when the Contract was made, or (ii) loss (eg loss of profit) to the Customer’s business, trade, craft or profession which would not be suffered by a Consumer – because the Supplier believes the Customer is not buying the Goods wholly or mainly for its business, trade, craft or profession.
Governing law, jurisdiction and complaints
65. The Contract (including any non-contractual matters) is governed by the law of England and Wales.
66. Disputes can be submitted to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales or, where the Customer lives in Scotland or Northern Ireland, in the courts of respectively Scotland or Northern Ireland.
67. We try to avoid any dispute, so we deal with complaints in the following way: If a dispute occurs customers should contact customer services on 01522 708125 or email [email protected] We will aim to respond with an appropriate solution as soon as possible.
Model cancellation Form
To First4tiles Limited, Unit 3, Outer Circle Road, Lincoln, Lincolnshire LN2 4HX
Email address: [email protected]
Telephone number: 01522 708125
I/We[*] hereby give notice that I/We [*] cancel my/our [*] contract of sale of the following goods [*] [for the supply of the following service [*], Ordered on [*]/received on [*]______________________(date received)
Name of consumer(s):
Address of consumer(s):
Signature of consumer(s) (only if this form is notified on paper)
[*] Delete as appropriate.